90 Points James Suckling - "Aromas of blueberries and raspberries with minerals follow through to a full body, with fine tannins and a chocolate, vanilla aftertaste. Needs time to integrate."
The Estate traces back its origins to 1719, but it’s really in 1838 that Henry Delaroze, then mayor of Saint-Laurent, establishes a vineyard on one of the most ancient gravel beds of the Medoc. In 1884 Count Ernest de Lahens presides over the destiny of an Estate encompassing 300 hectares and oversees the construction of Château de Trintaudon and its tower; almost a lighthouse overlooking an ocean of vineyards. During its long history the Estate was acquired by a Spanish nobleman: Duc Del Infentado, subsequently by the Forner Family, then owner of Château Camensac and Marques de Caceres. In 1986, Assurances Générales de France (Allianz) purchased the Estate, one of the largest of the Medoc by its surface area and total production; a well renowned property recognized the world over as a top quality Cru Bourgeois