WA93 - WA 95 Pts - Wine Advocate - "The 2013 Petite Sirah looks to be another killer vintage of this cuvee. First made in 2003, this 2013 offers an inky purple color to go with deep, decadent dark fruits, full-bodied richness and depth, and plenty of fine tannin. It’s a beauty to drink over the coming decade or so."
Winemakers Notes - "The 2013 Petite Sirah maintains incredible darkness, power, and purity of fruit. Petite Sirah likes to get to get ripe, and 2013 was a consistently warm and sunny vintage. It has gobs of dark cherry and black fruit flavors, spice and licorice aromas, and a stick-to-your-lips quality. Approachable as a young wine, it will also reward additional cellaring." 15.1% ABV.
- Vineyard Thompson Vineyard, Alisos Canyon, Los Alamos, Santa Barbara County AVA
- Clone “Carrari” Clone
- Harvest Block 2: October 7, 25.6 brix, 3.5pH Block 1: October 9, 25 brix, 3.4 pH
- Composition 100% Petite Sirah
- Fermentation Fruit was stemmed, not crushed. After a 2 day cold soak, intact whole berries fermented in half ton boxes for 14 days.
- Barrel Aging Aged for 10 months in 16% new American oak barrels, 84% one year and older French and American oak barrels.
- Cellar notes Unfined and lightly filtered
- Alcohol 15.1% by Vol.
- Bottling Date August 16, 2014
- Production 504 cases (12/750ml)